Services performed at: Lennon Road-Flint
RMI provides a range of neuro-interventional procedures to diagnose and treat spine disorders, such as osteoporosis, tumors, compression fractures, infections, or chronic back pain.
- Myelography with Post-Myelographic CT (Computed Tomography)—Uses an injection of contrast material to enable doctors to view the spine, looking for signs of disease or injury to the spinal cord.
- Spinal Biopsy—An image-guided procedure that uses a needle to extract a small amount of tissue to test for cancer in the spinal column.
- Discography with Manometry—Uses injected contrast material, a CT scanner, and a small probe to study the condition of the discs between the vertebrae (bones that make up the spine).
- Disc Aspiration Biopsy—Uses X-rays to guide a needle that extracts a small amount of tissue from one or more discs to test for possible infection.
Spinal and pain management procedures:
- Epidural Steroid Injections—Uses X-rays to guide the injection of a steroid medication to relieve pain from inflamed nerves in the spine.
- Nerve or Facet Blocks—X-ray-guided injection of a steroid medication to relieve pain originating in or transmitted through spinal nerves or joints.
- Vertebroplasty—Injection, under X-ray guidance, of a special cement into an area of the spine to repair small fractures or cavities in bones, caused by injury or disorders such as osteoporosis.